Customer Service: Shipping & Returns
The Complete Scoop.
We've Been Shipping Across the Globe for over Twenty-Five Years!
We use state of the art packing techniques and custom shipping boxes to ensure product safety and minimize the possibility of damage during travel. We have over 25 years of experience shipping our merchandise all over the world.
- Inspection and Quality Control: Your order is inspected prior to shipping to eliminate any problems or defects.
- Packing: Your order will be boxed for maximum safety and protection during shipping.
- Insurance: Each order is fully insured before shipping and this cost is included in our shipping price.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, but we understand that sometimes things need to be returned. We will be happy to credit, exchange or refund the purchase price of your item, less any shipping or handling costs and a 15% restocking fee.
- Please contact email@example.com within 14 days of receipt of your item to arrange a Return Authorization Number (RMA).
- Returns without an RMA number or items not in the original packaging will not be processed, or will be assessed an additional fee at our discretion.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable unless the return is a result of a manufacturing defect or our shipping error.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns or exchanges of items that are not in new condition due to damage or misuse by the customer.
- Items must be returned within 30 days of the issuance of the RMA number, and must be received in the original packaging.
- Upon receiving your RMA, you may return the product, at your cost, using your preferred shipping method. Alternatively a pickup can be scheduled with our shipping company for a fee that will be deducted from your refund. Refunds will be issued in the same method as the original payment.
- Refunds generally appear on your credit card statement in one to two billing periods.
- Please do not request a chargeback with your credit card company while waiting for a refund. This will only make the process longer and more complicated. If you have any concerns, please contact us first for resolution.
- For health and safety reasons, bedding, towels, pillows and related items are not returnable. Please review the color, design and dimensions carefully on the product page before placing your order.
Holiday Return Policy
Any orders placed after Thanksgiving qualify for our holiday return policy, which is 14 days (as usual) or January 15th, whichever comes later. Damaged items need to be reported within 14 days for claims purposes. After the 14 days, we will still issue an RMA for the damaged product (until January 15th) but you will be responsible for the return shipping.
We primarily use Federal Express Ground to ship all of our orders.
We cannot ship to PO Boxes or APO addresses. We ship to physical addresses only.
Additional shipping options include:
- FedEx Express Overnight: We can overnight most in-stock items for an additional shipping charge*. Orders placed after 8 am EST will ship the next business day and will arrive the following business day (Monday - Friday).
- FedEx Express Second Day Air: We can express via Second Day Air most in-stock items for an additional shipping charge*. Orders placed after 8 am EST will ship the next business day and will arrive in two business days (Monday - Friday).
- FedEx Freight: Heavy furniture and antiques along with shoji door kits ship via Fedex Freight. Heavy or oversize items may be subject to a Freight Surcharge in addition to the regular delivery charges.
- Fedex International Economy and Fedex International Freight: Once you enter your shipping address the International shipping rate will be displayed before you finalize your order. International shipping rates do not include any duties, taxes or tariffs that your country may charge you upon receipt of your order.
*Exceptions include products shipped via Fedex Freight, this includes heavy furniture and antiques, as well as shoji door kits. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping times to your location.
Free US Ground Shipping
- All of the products on our site include FREE ground shipping within the continental United States. The price you see in the shopping cart is the price you pay, with the exception of applicable sales tax where required. Just select FREE FedEx Ground as your shipping method during checkout.
- International/Expedited Shipping: There will be a charge for shipping internationally and to Alaska and Hawaii. If you qualify for FREE US Ground shipping, but would like your shipping expedited, choose the appropriate shipping method during checkout that fits your needs.
- Our pricing is straightforward and all-inclusive, which saves you time and energy.
Shipping Costs (if applicable)
- Shipping cost is based on what you order and determined both by size and weight.
- The shipping price listed on the product page is the base shipping price for the item. If an item has more than one size the shipping price will increase depending on the size you order. This increase will be displayed in the shopping cart.
- The shipping cost will be displayed for you before you finalize your order and before you give credit card information.
- Heavy or oversize items may be subject to a Freight Surcharge in addition to the regular delivery charges.
- Most in-stock items are shipped within 24 hours and should arrive within 3-5 business days (these estimates apply to in-stock items shipping within the Continental US).
- Shipping transit time can vary depending on location and shipping option.
In order to deliver as quickly as possible, our warehouse is operational 7 days a week. When an order is placed, it goes directly to the warehouse from where it is dispatched through the carrier. Usually an order is dispatched within an hour. As a result, once an order is placed, no cancellation option will be available. Please note that once the order is delivered you have 14 days to request RMA. Deliveries refused for any reason other than damage will be charged the appropriate return shipping fees.
Although rare, freight damage and defects do happen, and we will do our best to promptly resolve the issue. Please follow the instructions below for a speedy resolution:
- Contact us within 14 days of receipt of the merchandise to report a damaged item.
- Please retain all the original packaging materials.
- In order to expedite the process we may request photographs of any damage or defects reported to us.
- For freight shipments, it is best if you can note any damage on the delivery paperwork before the driver leaves.